CAUDIT members often want to find out what other universities are doing in a particular area. For example, if you are considering purchasing a new enterprise system or changing the way you provide a service, it is useful to learn about others’ experiences.
CAUDIT can assist with this by:
- Providing access to SurveyMonkey as a tool for distributing your survey and analysing results
- Providing advice on survey construction
- Communicating the survey link, deadline, and results to our members
Tips for a successful survey:
- Keep it short.
- Check recent surveys and the CAUDIT Benchmarking System before conducting your survey. Sometimes the answers you need are already available. If you’re not sure, ask us.
- Think about what you are going to do with the data before you construct the survey. For each survey question, ask yourself, “How will the answer to this question help me to find out what I want to know?” Often unnecessary questions can be eliminated this way.
- When distributing your survey, always include a PDF form that shows the questions. This will help members direct the survey to the person best able to answer it. If the PDF form can be completed and saved, it also provides an alternative way of responding to the survey. This can be helpful if multiple people are needed to complete the survey due to the nature of the questions.
- Keep it short.
- Details and instructions on using the CAUDIT Survey Service are outlined in Guidelines for CAUDIT Members Conducting Surveys
Results of recent surveys
A list of surveys undertaken is available with survey results for these and many more available within the CAUDIT online resources.