The University Software Licensing Community (USLC), a CAUDIT Community of Practice is scheduling its 5th Software Licensing and Asset Management (SLAM) conference. It will be held in
Brisbane at the Ship Inn, South Bank campus, Griffith University on Wednesday to Friday, 30, 31 August and 1 September 2017.
The theme is Strength through Collaboration and with a community of specialists concentrating on software asset management solutions, the conference will focus on potential opportunities for knowledge and resource sharing, and internal and external partnerships.
The conference objectives are to showcase University initiatives and innovative approaches to licensing solutions suitable for today’s academic environment of research, teaching and administration. The challenges of software lifecycle management are increasing through internal resource shortages, increased budget pressures and a new software licensing landscape with short application lifespans, cloud services and mobile device management.
Call for Presentations
The call for participation is now open and can include:
- Presentation of a SLAM case study – 15 minutes.
- Facilitate a discussion session on a key topic.
- Host or participate in a panel session involving a short spotlight talk.
- Full presentation on past, present or future project – 30 minutes.
To stimulate your thinking, the following topic areas are suggested:
- IT asset management tools,
- Software licensing/contract frameworks and solutions,
- Software licensing as a service,
- Software entitlements versus optimization versus usage,
- Collaborative procurement strategies and outsourcing opportunities,
- Changing University priorities and future requirements.
Further information including how to submit can be found in the Call for Presentations pdf