CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Applications are open to all current CAUDIT member organisation staff working in IT (except for the Member Representative themselves)
- The leadership or activity on which the submission is based must have been performed between 01 January 2020 and 31 December 2020
- The individual leading the activity/initiative must be from a recognised IT team and a current employee of a CAUDIT member organisation during the calendar year subject to the awards
- Collaborative entries between institutions can be accepted, however the lead institution must make the submission
- Size of activity does not matter. Large, medium or small - all submissions are welcome
- Applicants must meet all eligibility criteria
- You may make a submission as an individual or on behalf of a team. You may also nominate other individuals or teams
- A CAUDIT Award Activity Description form needs to be completed and uploaded as part of the submission process.
Click here to access the Activity Description Form to nominate for the Improving Student Success, Innovation in Teaching and Learning, Excellence in Research Support and Operational Excellence Awards
Click here to access the Activity Description Form for the Emerging Leader Award
- The initiative or activity may be entered in one Award Category only (although an Emerging Leader nominee may also be part of a team nomination)
- Short description of the initiative or project must not exceed 150 words
- Two brief (max. 200 words) testimonials from direct reports, peers or senior staff should be included with the submission
- Activity/Initiative will need to be endorsed by the organisation’s CAUDIT Member Representative
- All applications must be submitted via the online submission form by 9am AEST Monday 19 April 2021
- CAUDIT may request a project demonstration webinar to the sector with the category recipient/s, hosted by the category sponsor. This session may be recorded.
- All finalists may be requested to attend an interview with their category sponsor, prior to the announcement of each award recipient. This session may be recorded.
- You acknowledge that photographers may attend CAUDIT events and the images of participants may be used on the CAUDIT website or within event marketing material. If you do not wish to be photographed, please advise the photographer at the time.
Criteria applicable to all Award Categories include:
- Supporting each other in leading the application of digital capabilities to transform education and research
- Demonstrated positive impact - and doing it 'together' / across boundaries within organisation
- Stakeholder Engagement. - What changes have there been in attitudes, behaviour or values of the participants? Have any other overall relevant benefits been achieved?
- Demonstrated value to the institution and its stakeholders. Institutional context/support; Return on Investment (either measured or expected); demonstrated alignment with institution's goals.
- Demonstrating innovation. Describe how new ground was forged - innovation; new technology; new approaches; how risk was managed.
- Sustainability & scalability. In what ways has the activity in question shown itself to be conscious of its own long-term costs and contributions as part of a commitment to sustainable practice?
- Has it become a model for other activity?
- Any other comments?
Each award category focuses on slightly different elements of these criteria.
The points contained below (overall and for each award category) provide a guide to your submission and the judging panels when considering submissions. Please download and print this document for your reference.