Newly created role in the region’s largest digital transformation program. Shape the enterprise architecture of one of Australia’s leaders in Higher Education.
Job Ref# 3874
- Be part of an innovative and positive team in a fast-paced digital transformation environment
- Strategic technical leadership role
- Excellent employee benefits and flexible working conditions
At the University of Newcastle, our staff are curious. We think big, see opportunity and are open to ideas and ask why. We share wisdom and partner with colleagues in Australia and around the globe to create an enduring impact. And we're courageous - bold thinkers who have the confidence to take risks and to inspire change. We attract, foster and retain remarkable professional staff who actively contribute to our reputation. We’re looking for remarkable professionals who want to join a world-class institution and contribute towards making an impact within our region, throughout Australia and across the globe.
Newcastle is a vibrant, thriving community that boasts the perfect laid-back lifestyle. At just an hour and a half north of Sydney’s Upper North Shore, our regional centre offers big-city opportunities for those who have the drive and confidence to take them. With beautiful beaches and bushland, a buzzing music and art scene, excellent road and public transport infrastructure, and a serious coffee culture, Newcastle is the place to be in 2019 and beyond.
Is NEW for you?
Reporting to the Associate Director, Service Enhancement, you will be responsible for providing leadership and guidance to a team of up to six. With the support of a highly engaged and outstanding team, you will successfully lead the delivery of a diverse range of enterprise architecture and process design services. You will also champion the implementation of UON's new Enterprise Architecture (EA) and Service Design (SD) capabilities to support the University’s strategic goals.
What will you do?
You will work with senior executives and fellow experts to advise on transforming the University by harnessing the power of new digital technologies. Leading the creation, development and implementation of the EA and SD roadmaps, you will enable the achievement of the University’s strategic goals. In addition, you will:
- Identify clear priorities and set objectives and KPIs with a visible link to IT Services’ strategies, plans and goals;
- Lead and manage a diverse team of IT specialists, providing clarity of roles and responsibilities;
- Encourage and cultivate a culture that embraces change, collaboration, engagement, communication, customer service, continuous improvement, integrity and accountability;
- Lead the implementation of EA and BPM tools, methods and processes to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of the new capabilities; and
- Contribute in the planning for major software implementations (new and upgrades), ensuring that solution architectures reflect UON strategic goals and adhere to architecture principles and best practices.
- Proven management expertise in a diverse Information Technology environment;
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including the ability to lead and inspire a team to deliver exceptional performance and outcomes;
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to build relationships and an inter-disciplinary way of working;
- Ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders, negotiate and influence others to deliver on commitments;
- Experience in enterprise architecture and/or IT strategic planning, including experience in business capability modelling, EA framework development and implementation, current-state application and technology landscape documentation, target-state development and definition, and EA road mapping.
For a full job description visit https://www.newcastle.edu.au/about-uon/jobs-at-uon/job-vacancies
What NEW can offer?
From a flexible working environment to discounts in private health insurance, salary packaging and gym memberships, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. You can learn more about these at https://www.newcastle.edu.au/about-uon/jobs-at-uon/benefits-at-a-glance
We provide opportunities for all people regardless of their background and experience, and this philosophy is reflected across all that we do.
A highly attractive remuneration package is on offer, with a base pay of $120,930 or more (commensurate with experience and qualifications) plus a generous 17% superannuation contribution. A relocation package may also be offered to the successful candidate.
If you would like to know more, please contact Ms Omali Marshall, Talent Acquisition Specialist for a confidential discussion on 02 4921 8982.
Your next steps
Click on 'Apply for this job'. Your application will be assessed on selection criteria. Read all information about the role so you understand what is required. In addition:
- Follow all directions and complete all necessary fields of the application; and
- In your selection criteria demonstrate clearly how your skills and experience meet each point and should be a maximum of four pages.
Closing date: Sunday, 3 March 2019