Learn the purpose of this important Community of Practice, who can become a Member and how the USLC, along with CAUDIT, can add value to Institutions in managing their ICT software contracts.
What is the USLC
University Software Licensing Collaboration (USLC) is a CAUDIT Community of Practice which draws on the skills, knowledge, and influence of software licensing representatives from Universities throughout Australasia to improve the negotiations and contracts of ICT software licensing arrangements for their respective institutions.
USLC assists CAUDIT in achieving superior licensing agreements, pricing, terms and conditions for all CAUDIT member organisations.
Who can become a USLC Member
Staff from software licensing, procurement, contract and asset management areas within CAUDIT Member Institutions are invited to join.
How can the USLC help its Members
It provides a forum for Members to network and exchange information beneficial to their University.
How do USLC Members connect
Members of the USLC are encouraged to share ideas, seek feedback and ask questions.
Members connect via the following avenues:
- USLC Email List
- The USLC holds regular meetings, generally every 2 months.
- USLC SLAM Conference
- The SLAM (Software Licensing Asset Management) conference is held annually. This is a hands-on workshop and conference involving key staff from software licensing, procurement, contract and asset management areas representing a large number of Universities and other research organisations from across Australia and New Zealand, vendors and re-sellers. For information regarding the next event, please visit USLC
How can CAUDIT help USLC Members
Strategic Procurement is one of the 6 (six) core activities supporting CAUDIT’s three key strategies of connecting, enabling and challenging.
CAUDIT’s focus on strategic procurement enables significant savings to members across the higher education and research sector. The benefits of CAUDIT’s strategic procurement efforts include improved value for money due to economies of scale, greater leverage in the marketplace to influence product development and direction, and sector savings in procurement staff resources.
The Strategic Procurement Team at CAUDIT is here to assist USLC Members and their University with strategic procurement initiatives.
Who is the CAUDIT Strategic Procurement team
The Strategic Procurement Team consists of three (3) CAUDIT staff members as follows:
- Steve Johnston, Director, Strategic Procurement
- Andrew Nolan, Strategic Procurement Officer
- Miranda Curran, Procurement Administration Officer (P/T)
You can email the Strategic Procurement Team to connect.
Where can I find a list of CAUDIT managed agreements
Visit new and current CAUDIT procurement deals
USLC Members can visit the USLC Induction Kit for further information.