What will the Study Tour cost?
The cost of the Study Tour will vary between participants as some participants may conclude the tour after either the Chicago or the San Francisco legs, or prefer to make some of their own arrangements.
The cost will be determined by final accommodation, internal travel, meals and other charges incurred by CAUDIT on your behalf. September and October is peak conference season in the United States, so in order to keep costs as low as possible we have a travel agent experienced in arranging Study Tours within the United States assisting us in arranging all travel logistics and negotiating to secure the best possible rates for our group.
The final number of participants and currency exchange rates will also influence the final cost. If you would like to be provided with a estimate of the cost, please contact Steven Turner on firstname.lastname@example.org
To cover any initial deposits CAUDIT may need to make, we will invoice you for a deposit of $1,000 which will need to be paid by early September.
After the tour CAUDIT will individually reconcile expenses incurred on behalf of each attendee and invoice each participant, less the deposit, for the outstanding amount.
What will CAUDIT arrange and pay for during the tour?
- Accommodation (room and breakfast only) during the Tour, from 17 October, through to 25 October, however, if you are attending EDUCAUSE 2019 it is suggested that you book your accommodation to cover you up until the date you will be travelling to San Francisco (at the time you book your conference accommodation)
- Flights (and group airport transfer) from Chicago to San Francisco on Saturday 19 October (should you prefer CAUDIT to make these arrangements for you)
- Flights (and group airport transfer) from San Francisco to Seattle
- Travel from accommodation providers to university and vendor visit sites and back to accommodation providers at the end of the day
- Group meals that are not organised by university or vendor hosts.
What do I need to organise and pay for myself?
- International flights into and out of the United States
- Obtaining an Electronic System for Travel Authorisation into the United States (ESTA) – see https://www.dhs.gov/electronic-system-travel-authorization-esta for further information
- Appropriate Travel Insurance
- Your Passport (ensure your passport meets USA entry requirements - https://www.ustraveldocs.com/au/au-niv-visawaiverinfo.asp)
- Any travel within the United States, pre and post the official start and conclusion of the Study Tour
- All costs associated with any free time while on the Study Tour (this can include flights from Seattle to San Francisco during the free weekend - 19 – 20 October - if you prefer to make your own arrangements)
- Luggage fees on domestic flights.
I have had to cancel my participation. Am I entitled to a refund?
You will be liable for any non-refundable expense CAUDIT has made on your behalf. Click here to view the full terms and conditions of the CAUDIT refund policy V1.3.
I have never been to the United States, where can I find out more about what to see and do in the United States?
Please visit VisitTheUSA.com, the Official Travel and Tourism website of the United States.
For a list of suggested tours and activities during free time in San Francisco, click here.